Thursday 11 June 2020

'Studying at BME was one of the best decisions ever made in my life'


Viktor Zichó, energy engineer, alumni of our faculty, rode a recumbent (a bicycle, which places the rider in a laid-back reclining position) to the tomb in Darjeeling of Sándor Csoma de Kőrös, early-19th century Hungarian orientalist. Viktor Zichó rode his bike following the path of Csoma.

'Attending BME was one of the best things that ever happened in my life. I made good friends in the dorm, I could live a vibrant social life, and I could study, which attracted me the most: energetics. The university taught me autonomy and opened my eyes. I realised my attitude towards work and career. On a ’Building services systems’ lesson, the lecturer advertised a project: the measurement of the heating system of the Széchenyi Spa in Budapest. That was the first time when I had the opportunity to work independently, without external pressure. Afterwards, I participated in several measurement projects brought by the industrial relations of the university. There I could implement the knowledge gained at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering. I was outstandingly well-paid, with a part-time commitment. Primarily, I could finance my bike tours and equipment.' More

No comments:

Post a Comment