Wednesday 2 September 2020

‘To solve a difficult medtech problem, I used image processing and AI’

 Aline Faria de Lemos, a PhD student from Brazil, has already studied here in Hungary when she met with the opportunity of the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship. Now she is researching about a MedTech topic as a PhD student at BME Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Department of MOGI. Interview.

'I have lived in Budapest for a year during my bachelor's degree. I won a scholarship for a sandwich degree, which meant a two semester-long period of my bachelor's in Hungary. To tell the truth, I did not know much about Hungary before, but when I got to Budapest, I saw that it is a beautiful city, with classical buildings and friendly people. After this year, which is a fond memory for me, I returned to Brazil, but I kept thinking about Budapest. 

During my masters in Brazil, I got to know about the Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship, and that it is available for PhD as well. That time I have already decided to continue my studies in a PhD programme. I started searching for doctoral programmes for mechanical engineering, that is how I have found the BME and especially the Department of MOGI (Mechatronics, Optics and Mechanical Engineering Informatics). I also had a look at the scientific performance of the professors and lecturers here, seeing, that they are highly qualified and are doing serious research, like my supervisor, Balázs Vince Nagy. Besides, I already had some friends who studied here and were satisfied with the education and the research opportunities.' More

No comments:

Post a Comment